Hooray for long weekends! Canadian Thanksgiving is this Monday, and what better way to get into the holiday spirit than with a little treat-making session? I do consider Thanksgiving the Christmas kick-off after all (you’ll soon learn how Christmas crazy I can get 😉 )…
Considering this has been a crazy, crazy week, I thought it best to opt for a quick, no-bake treat that is easy to make and gets the festive message across! A quick Google search found me an old recipe from Hi Cookery, which I have included here with some Nat’s Notes:
For each Oreo turkey cookie, you’ll need:
- 2 Oreo cookies (Double Stuff recommended)
- 1 Reese’s mini peanut butter cup, refrigerated
- 1 Hershey’s Whopper malted milk ball
- 6 candy corn
- 1 mini chocolate chip
- white frosting
- chocolate frosting
- black gel tube icing
- orange tube icing
- Carefully pull apart one of the Oreo cookies. Gently press the candy corn onto the “double stuff” to make a fan-tail shape. Spread white frosting on the other half of the Oreo cookie. Press together. Refrigerate to set. Refrigerating is so important to make sure the candy corns don’t droop/fall off!
- Unwrap the chilled Reese’s mini peanut butter cup. Slice a small section off the side for the body of the turkey cookie. Refrigerating the Reese cups are a must, otherwise they’ll melt in your hand in Step 3! Slicing ensures the Reese cup body rests flat on the Oreo base.
- Use chocolate frosting to secure the wide side of the Reese’s to the Oreo turkey tail and the sliced flat bottom to the other Oreo cookie base. Press to secure!
- Put a small amount of chocolate frosting on a Whopper to secure the head of the turkey.
- Carefully dab the flat end of a mini chocolate chip with frosting and position it on the Whopper for the turkey beak. I didn’t have mini chocolate chips, so I frosted on an orange turkey beak instead.
- Using a small round tip, pipe the eyeballs with white frosting, pressing down lightly with your fingertip on the white points. Dab black gel icing on top of the white eyeballs. Finish the feet details with orange tube icing.
Easy festive fix! These will keep me happy until the real turkey is ready. 🙂 ❤ xo