Bananas are one of my favorite snacks to bring to work, but I’ll let you in on a little secret: sometimes, I “forget” to eat them and bring them back home to rot. I hope I don’t offend any vegans/vegetarians – I can explain! Waste not, want not, and I certainly do not waste my rotten bananas; I make my favorite banana bread, instead! 🙂
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed bananas (approx 4 overripe bananas)
- Chocolate chips, Skor bits, walnuts/pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*C and grease loaf tin.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend brown sugar and melted butter.
- Blend in eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas until smooth.
- Slow mix in dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips, pecans/walnuts and Skor bits (optional).
- Bake for 60 minutes until fully set. You should be able to insert and remove a toothpick or knife without any batter sticking to it.