I am a serial Pinterest user. I pin, pin, pin all day and all night, but really only try/do/make 10% of all the amazing things I see. Some things are not worth the effort, the time, the cost, or the mental sanity, but some things just have to be done.
Veggies claiming to taste like buffalo chicken bites?
Some things just have to be done.
Keep reading for the tried & true recipe, adapted from Spend with Pennies.
Trick your kids/love/self into eating veggies! Challenge yourself to #MeatlessMondays! Do it for the ‘gram! This recipe requires common pantry ingredients and will fly off the plate before you have the opportunity to snap a stylized pic of the final product. True story.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I used garlic salt – same difference, right?)
- Ground pepper, to taste (I used approx 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Remove the core and cut cauliflower into small, bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine milk, flour, garlic salt/powder, pepper and olive oil to make a batter.
- Place batter and cauliflower in a Ziploc bag and mix until cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Remove excess batter by placing cauliflower on a strainer (I used a cookie cooling rack) to let batter drip off.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with Panko breadcrumbs and toss gently to coat all over.
- Place cauliflower on foil-lined pan/baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until breadcrumbs have browned slightly and cauliflower is tender and crisp.
- While cauliflower is baking, combine butter and Frank’s Red Hot sauce in a small saucepan. You can skip this step by buying pre-made buffalo wings sauce.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and coat with buffalo sauce. Cauliflower should be coated, but not drenched!
- Bake for additional 5-10 minutes for desired crispiness.
- Serve with dip of your choice. Be happy. ❤