I love Love and I love Emojis!
Looking for a quick treat to bring in to the office or send with your kids to school for Valentine’s Day? Look no further than the cutest Rice Krispies treats in town!
These Heart Eyes Emoji are festive, peanut-free and take less than 30 minutes to make!
Click through the break for the how-to. ❤
- 6 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 40 regular-sized marshmallows
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (or artificial – I won’t tell)
- Yellow food colouring
- Red food colouring (optional)
- Red icing
- Milk chocolate chips
- Baking pan
- Potato masher
- Parchment paper
- Round cookie cutters
- Cute gift box
- Melt marshmallows and butter either using a double boiler on a stovetop or in a microwave. (Way quicker using a microwave. It takes approx 2 minutes, stirring at 30 second intervals for the butter to disperse.)
- Add in vanilla and stir with a spatula until blended.
- Stir in yellow food colouring with a spatula. I added in a drop or two of red to get the golden emoji colour, but it will still look good without it!
- Add in Rice Krispies and mix until everything is evenly coated in marshmallow goodness.
- Transfer the Rice Krispies mix to a buttered baking pan and flatten the mixture to an even sheet using a buttered potato masher or spoon (so it doesn’t stick to the marshmallow).
- Refrigerate the Rice Krispies for 10 minutes so it cools and hardens.
- Remove from fridge and use cookie cutters to cut out circles. Place circles on parchment paper.
- Decorate! Use the red icing to draw heart eyes and melt milk chocolate chips, pour into a piping bag (or ziploc) and draw the mouth.
- Let icing cool and harden (you can place it back in the fridge).
- Wrap/place in cute box!!!
- Never eat because they are way too cute.
What are you baking for Valentine’s Day? Be sure to let me know in the comments and if you make these treats: pics or it didn’t happen, please! 🙂 ❤